Basco Lighthouse, Philippines










My last frontier and a wonderful beginning.

Basco Lighthouse is located in the town of Basco in Batanes, the northernmost province in the Philippines. It is one of my favorite places in the Philippines. 

The open sea and luscious hills provide a beautiful backdrop for the Lighthouse. It welcomes those who appreciate the beauty of nature and the value of blissfulness. The viewing deck is a perfect location to view the whole island. It is a perfect place to find serenity.

This 66 feet structure was completed in 2003. History says that the site of the Lighthouse was also the site of the American telegraph facilities that connected Batanes with the government until it was destroyed in World War II. Today, this site is one of the tourist attractions in Batanes. 

I visited this Lighthouse in May 2012. It was the first Lighthouse I've visited and my last frontier before I moved to the US.  It was indeed one of the best travels of my life. 

I fell in love with this place. I left the Philippines but I took with me the passion for Lighthouse. This passion has grown, and I continue this adventure of seeing and appreciating the beauty and meaning of a Lighthouse. 

A guiding light. A symbol of inspiration, encouragement and hope. 


















Comments