Cape May, New Jersey






I had a goal to visit as much Lighthouses as I could in the East Coast before I relocate  to Florida. 

I've been planning to visit Cape May for a while. Finally, I was able to go on a road trip with my friend, Rousel and her son. It was a 3 hour smooth drive to Cape May.  

Cape May is known for its Victorian houses.  It owns the title of America's oldest seaside resort.

The lighthouse was built in 1859 and still operational.  There were 199 steps to the top. Luckily, it was open and we got to climbed it.  We made few stops in between to catch our breath and rest our aging knees.  It didn't seem high though. It's fun to climbed  it with a friend.  The view of the Atlantic Ocean and Delaware Bay from the top was definitely gorgeous.

To have climbed another operating lighthouse and to have visited a beautiful place in New Jersey were wonderful experiences to keep.. 
















Comments