Sullivan's Island Lighthouse, South Carolina


A long layover work trip to Charleston in July 2017 had finally allowed me to see this Lighthouse with my friend Gabriela.

Commonly known as the Charleston light, this Lighthouse holds a unique title as one of the most modern Lighthouses in the US. It is a distinctive landmark on the beach, characterized by its unique triangular and slim structure, and features an elevator and air conditioning.  It continues to act as a guiding point to Charleston harbor ships.

It stood 140 feet and seemed so tall. Since I couldn't go up, I tried to climb the fence, but - I wasn't successful.

It was a very sunny day, but the beach's breeze helped our sweat go away.  We ended our lighthouse adventure with a nice southern lunch downtown.














Comments