Kavringen Light, Oslo Harbor Norway






Kavrigen is a small whale-shaped rock islet in the Oslo Fjord municipality.  

The lighthouse is located on a smaller island south of Kavrigen.  It was established in 1892 and still active. The tower is octagonal shaped with an unusual wood lantern.  It is accessible only by boat, and the tower is closed.  Ferries leaving from Oslo can pass closeby this light.

The lighthouse looks beautiful from afar.  I wish it was a closer encounter.  Nevertheless, my journey to see this lighthouse didn't fail me. It was another surprising discovery that was a part of sailing the beautiful islands of Norway.






Traveling alone can be lonely sometimes. But it's not an excuse to make friends with people we meet.  I met these two lovely girls from Brazil who are cousins.  I joined them on the table. We enjoyed our shrimp buffet, had good conversations, and took photos of each other. It was fun. 







I witnessed boats passed by the island while people waved and said hello.  I  witnessed the friendly waves and the pristine blue waters.  I witnessed the majestic sunset from the mountains.

All of these define my lighthouse journey. Beautiful photos. Wonderful memories. 




Comments