Mulkilteo Lighthouse, Washington










Why is this one of the most beautiful and one of my favorite lighthouses?

The construction of the lighthouse began in 1905 and became operational in 1906, until this day. There are 2 Victorian-style homes on the property, and the lighthouse is the centerpiece of the park. 

The lighthouse flashes white light once every five seconds. It guides ships from the nearby harbor to Everett, Washington.  

History says that this land was used by native American Indians for camping during the winter months.  Hence, the name Mulkilteo. It is an Indian word meaning "good camping ground."

The lighthouse is open for wedding ceremonies.  One interesting fact is that "not one of the first hundred who had their wedding was rained on." They said, "there was rain before and after the occasion but not on the actual ceremony."

Lighthouses have their individual stories.  Mulkilteo is not only a beautiful and peaceful place to celebrate a wedding, but it is also a sure thing to have a great outdoor weather wedding. A good spell? Maybe. 






So why did I say this is one of my favorites?  For the obvious reason, I had my 3 kids with me for the first time visiting a lighthouse. Not only that, but we had a road trip visiting parks in Washington and explored the magnificent Mt. Rainer together. 

Anytime and anywhere I am with my kids is always a great time.
















Comments